Global Growth Priority
Society and Sustainability
Force for Good. Force for Growth.
Use our collective reach and voice in advertising and media to eliminate bias and promote equality and inclusion, eliminate denigrating content, and build a more sustainable environment. Our reach and voice in advertising can address bias — not only in gender, but also for race, orientation, disabilities, and cultures — to eliminate stereotypes, promote conversations, influence attitudes, and change behavior. When the world is more equal, it leads to growth.
- Achieve equal representation in the media and creative supply chain.
- Eliminate systemic investment inequalities in the media and creative supply chain.
- Eliminate bias and racism by accurately portraying all humanity in advertising, content and media.
- Eliminate hateful and harmful content online.
- NEW: Building a sustainable future.”
1. Establish goals within your company, at your agencies, on production crews and media providers. Communicate those goals clearly to your organization and to your partners. Ask HR for the data in your company. Ask your agencies, production crews and media partners for their data – if they can provide it. Participate in the annual ANA Diversity Scorecard to benchmark versus the marketing industry. Then, diagnose and act to improve results
2. Drive supply chain equality to mirror local population: 50 percent gender/40 percent multicultural (U.S.) across brands, agencies, production crews, media, and suppliers. Brands must audit themselves and external partners to identify diversity gaps and maintain transparent scoring against aggressive objectives in a way that becomes business as usual. Develop a diversity scorecard model: a “Scorecard for All” across marketing organizations (ANA), media (VAB), agencies (4A’s), and production (AICP), and publish aggregate results to hold ourselves accountable.
3. All content – from ads to broadcast programs to digital channels – should accurately portray every person regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, religion, socioeconomic status, body type or age.
4. Define standards of hateful content, and methods to measure incidence, prevalence, and adjacency. Join the Global Alliance for Responsible Media (GARM) and hold media providers and platforms accountable. Adopt GARM’s Brand Safety Floor and Suitability Framework for brand safety standards and provide to your media teams, media agencies, media providers and digital platforms. Set clear expectations that those standards must be enforced. Ask platforms for data on your business, or run your own diagnostics, such as number and percent of hateful content that exists on each platform and how much is eliminated before it is seen.
Chief Brand Officer at Procter & Gamble
Chief Marketing Officer at Nestlé USA
Tara Agen Global Head and VP, Marketing Planning, Operations and Office of the CMO at HP
Paul Alexander Chief Marketing Officer at Boston University Questrom School of Business
Lisa Becket Senior Vice President, Customer Engagement at Disney Parks, Experiences, & Consumer Products
Lynne Biggar Chief Marketing & Communications Officer at Visa
Linda Boff Chief Marketing Officer at GE
Boutros Boutros Divisional Senior Vice President at Emirates
Melissa Brotz Chief Marketing & Communications Officer at Abbott
Fiona Carter Partner, Chief Marketing Officer at Goldman Sachs
Luis Di Como Executive Vice President Global Media at Unilever
Marie Gulin-Merle VP of Global Ads Marketing at Google
EVP and Chief Brand Officer at ViacomCBS
Stephan Loerke Chief Executive Officer at World Federation of Advertisers
Antonio Lucio Industry Leader
Manoj Raghunandanan Global President Self Care OTC and Office of Marketing Value at Johnson and Johnson
Kate Stanford Vice President, Ads Brand & Activation Marketing at Google
Marc Toulemonde Chief Digital and Marketing Officer at L'Oréal USA
Katie Williams Chief Marketing Officer, U.S. at GSK
EXERCISE YOUR PRIVILEGED CMO RESPONSIBILITY.
Connect with the 1,200 Chief Marketers of the Global CMO Growth Council to drive growth for your own organization, as well as regenerate global economic and societal growth.
ANA will use your details to send you the requested information and to stay in touch via email about the ANA Masters Circle. You can unsubscribe at any time. We encourage you to read our privacy and cookies policy.